PAPER ABSTRACTS SUBMISSION
The Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) is pleased to announce the 46th edition of her Nigeria Annual International Conference and Exhibition (NAICE), scheduled to hold from July 31-02 August 2023 at Eko Hotels & Suites, Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria.
NAICE is Africa’s foremost energy industry event and focuses on policy discussions, innovative application of technology, processes/industry best practices, new products and operational excellence to maximize value from hydrocarbon assets. NAICE attracts industry regulators, high level government officials, energy industry professionals at all levels and other key oil and gas industry stakeholders.
The theme for NAICE 2023 is “Balancing Energy Accessibility, Affordability, and Sustainability: Strategic Options for Africa.” Highlights of the event will include Technical Sessions, Panel Sessions, Exhibition, Topical Issues Workshop, Women Leadership Programme, Luncheons/Industry Dinners and Awards, Young Professionals Workshop and Pre-Conference Regional Section Officers Workshop and Short Courses.
We hereby invite you to submit abstracts in the following categories for the technical sessions:
- Deep Water Development & Operations
- Well Design, Drilling & Completions
- Marginal Fields Development & Operations
- Reservoir Description, Engineering & Management
- Asset Management and Information
- Production Optimization & Operations
- Reservoir Geology & Geophysics
- Recovery Mechanism & Processes
- Formation Evaluation
- Project Economics & Financing
- Health, Safety and Environment
- Renewables and Unconventional Energies
- Local Human Resources Development
- Gas Utilization & Operations
- Facility Design & Construction
- Community Development /Corporate Social Responsibility.
- Supply Chain Management and Operational Excellence
- Refining and Petrochemical Technology
- Petroleum Policy Development and Analysis
- Artificial intelligence and Data Science
- Energy Transition and Decarbonization
- To write a good (SPE) Paper, you must have read ( SPE) papers on OnePetro
- Develop your abstract carefully and submit text files on the portal https://cmt3.research.microsoft.com/NAICE2023. Please note that you MUST create a profile on the portal.
- Kindly reference NAICE papers FAQ in order to get further clarifications.
- Kindly also read SPE paper policies on https://www.spe.org/events/papers/policies.php
- Your abstract should be a maximum of 450 words OR 900 characters.
- You MUST ensure that you run personal plagiarism test which includes self plagiarism
- Select the appropriate subject area during your submission
- Google Chrome works better than other web browsers
- Abstracts MUST BE submitted as plain text via SPE Nigeria online portal. ABSTRACTS NOT SUBMITTED THROUGH THE ONLINE PORTAL WILL NOT BE PROCESSED.
- Use SPE standard templates for the preparation of your manuscripts (draft & full) and slides. Download acceptable templates here: Authors’ kit at https://www.naice.spenigeriacouncil.org/authorkit to see acceptable templates for submission. Visit https://www.spe.org/en/authors/resources/prepare-paper/ to for a proper guide on preparing your final paper
- There are policies guiding papers submission at SPE Conferences. See a complete list of the policies at the link https://www.spe.org/events/papers/policies.php
For enquiries, email Chairman,
Technical Programme Committee, SPE NAICE 2023 at TPC@spenigeriacouncil.org and or The SPE Nigeria Council Secretariat at
- Site Open for Submission of Abstracts: September 15, 2022
- Extended Submission Deadline: January 14, 2023
- Notification of accepted Abstracts: January 20-25, 2023
- Extended Deadline for Draft Manuscript Submission: April 10, 2023
- Notification of accepted Draft Manuscripts: May 25, 2023
- Deadline for Submission of Final Manuscripts*: June 01, 2023
- Deadline for Submission of Presentation Slides: July 25, 2023
*Completed TOC and PIFs required along with submissions at this stage.
Contact Person: Udochukwu Akunna | +234 812 186 0374 | email@example.com